Besides, Lavinia Toockies Scrubbers
The Lavinia Toockies scrubbers (organic cotton scrubber and organic jute scrubber) are a fantastic plastic-free alternative to the usual plastic sponge or plastic scourer. They are also non abrasive and non scratching. Typically you use them on pots, pans and sinks. However, you can also use them in your bathroom or even to clean your vegetables. Besides, by using the Lavinia scrubbers you are supporting the Toockies fairtrade project and therefore Indian women.
Lavinia Jute Scrubber Toockies (single)
A natural hand-knit jute scrubber for cleaning your dishes and scrubbing your vegetables. Or alternatively, simply use for anything that requires a good and highly abrasive and effective scrub!
- pack of 1 jute scrubber
- GOTS certified jute plant fibres
- plastic-free alternative to the usual plastic sponge/scourer.
- non abrasive and non scratching.
- use on pots, pans, sinks, bathrooms and even to clean your vegetables.
- The cloths are very durable and machine washable.
- Toockies scrubbers are made of raw and untreated plant materials, and is therefore compostable and biodegradable
- These products are handmade under FAIRTRADE conditions near Kolkata in India. Each product has the name of the knitter attached
- All products are not tested on animals, no animal products used, therefore vegan
- Toockies Scrubbers considers all ethical aspects by being organic, Fairtrade and also sustainable from cradle to cradle.
- Size: APPROX 19 x 19 CM
Lavinia who is behind the Toockies project says the following. “All Toockies products are Fairtrade certified. When we purchase the cotton yarn from the mill in India, we receive a certificate with a Control Union stamp, the cotton is GOTS certified.Fairtrade. Besides, the women who participate in this project is taught how to knit at a local community centre, where a bathroom has been built just for them. The knitters take home a little roll of yarn, and once a week they drop off finished products, where a quality check is facilitated. There is also a doctor present who are giving the knitters and their children a free check up.
Handmade in India by women in a fairtrade project, managed by a local NGO called “Promise Charitable Trust”
Last but not least, please read more about the Toockies project in our transparency series of getting to know our suppliers. Aa a result, Lavinia owner Phenia has written a very interesting guest blog article for us which you can find here.